Stocktaking regularly and telling Kitomba the results of your stock take helps you keep track of your stock and its value, and helps create accurate stock orders because Kitomba then knows what stock you have on hand and what you need to order in to ensure you don’t run out. Stocktaking and making adjustments can be done by category, rather than stocktaking your entire inventory in one go. For example, doing one category per week is a faster, more manageable way of stocktaking.
1. Go to the Cards tab and click the Manage Products and Vouchers button.
Click onto the category that you would like to stock take. In this example we are doing a stock take for the whole of L`Oreal, but you could also do this by the smaller sub categories e.g. Richesse.
2. Select Run Stock Take Report for this Category . The button has a picture of a clipboard, pen and bottle.
The pop up called Edit Category Items will pop up.
3. To add your stock take results for all the items in the category, select Everything from the menu next to Select which item types to modify. Otherwise, choose Retail or Professional depending on your preference.
Leave the setting of ‘current category’ in the menu next to choose category. This ensures you are adding the right category’s stock levels in Kitomba.
4. Select Ok this will open the Reports tab and display a report of all the stock in the category you have selected, with boxes next to each item. You can then print off the report and use it as a handy form for filling in your stock actual stock levels after you do a stock take of your supplies.
5. Once you have your actual stock levels, you need to update Kitomba. Back in the Work with Products and Vouchers section, click on the category that you just did a stock take for.
6. Select the Stocktake Category and enter Stocktake results as an Adjustment button. The button has a red arrow and a green arrow.
The pop up screen will appear again select the same criteria as you did when running the Stocktake report for this category. The stock adjustments window will open.
This is a list of all of the items in the category you have selected to stocktake. In the Expected column you will find the numbers of each stock item that Kitomba thinks you have in stock. This is based on the last stock numbers you gave it, less any sales or internal use
In the Actual column, next to each item, type the actual number of the stock item that you have. Kitomba will add or subtract the right amount from the Expected column so that its records are up to date. The amount that it adds or subtracts is shown in the Adjust column.
In this example, Kitomba expects you to have 0 of the CLEAN LIFT 7 in stock. After counting your stock you’ve found you actually have 1 left, so you’ve entered 1 in the Actual column. Kitomba has automatically added 1 to its records (shown as 1 in the Adjustment column) so that after you save your changes, the stock level for SE SHINE BLONDE SHAMPOO 250ML will be 1.
Continue entering the actual amounts in the Actual column until you’ve finished all the items in the category.
7. Click Commit. This saves your changes and adjusts all your stock levels for that category to match what you actually have in stock.