If this is your first stock order in Kitomba, you may like to do a stocktake first so that your stock levels are correct in Kitomba before you start ordering more stock.
Check that your Kitomba settings are correct
1. In Kitomba, go to the Admin section. Then go to Preferences and then to Stock.
2. Check that the box next to Show ‘Send to Supplier’ button on Supplier Orders is ticked.
3. Check the Enable Back ordering with Suppliers box is ticked to simplify management of backordered items (if required).
Important: If you need to tick the boxes, ensure you click save afterwards.
Create your Stock Order
1. Click on the Cards tab in Kitomba, and then click on the Manage Suppliers button. It looks like a cardboard box.
A list of your suppliers will appear.
2. Click on the supplier you wish to create an order for, e.g. L’Oreal
3. Click on the Create Order button at the top of the screen.
4. The Supplier’s Order box will pop up.
5. Choose your order type you want to create.
If you want Kitomba to prepare your order for you, this is called creating an Automatic Order.
1. In the top section of the Supplier's Order pop up box, select which sort of order you want to create
- If you would like Kitomba to create a supplier order of enough stock to top up your stock numbers to the minimum level, select Min in the Order Level section
- If you would like Kitomba to create a supplier order of enough stock to top up your stock numbers to the maximum level, select Max in the Order Level section
- If you would like Kitomba to create a supplier order of enough stock to top up your stock numbers with the same amount of stock that you have sold or used since a particular date, select Amount Sold/Used Since and then select the date you wish to replace stock from. For example, if you order stock fortnightly you could set the date to be the date of your last order. This will order enough stock to replace what you have used/sold since you last ordered.
2. Once you have entered in your requirements select Create Order Automatically button.
Kitomba will prepare the order for you. It will look similar to this:
listed on each each row is a product for the supplier you have chosen that needs to be ordered. In the Qty (quantity) column, it shows the number of this stock item that need to be ordered in order to bring your stock levels up.
3. You can click inside the Qty (quantity) box next to the item if you want to change the order number.
For example, you might have an upcoming retail promotion on Active Express Shampoo and Conditioner. You may want to increase your stock levels a bit more so you have enough stock on hand.
When you have finished adding items, review your order to check it is correct.
4. Click Commit. This saves the order.
Select Send to Supplier.
If your supplier is set up to receive orders electronically from Kitomba, Kitomba will send the order to your supplier electronically. If your supplier is not set up to receive orders electronically, Kitomba will give you the option to save your order as a file on your computer, which you can then send to the supplier by email, fax or post.
The order you created will now show beneath the supplier in the Manage Suppliers section
The next step is when the stock arrives and you need to check it in.