Format the product list.
1. Select Products from the drop down menu under Products & Services. The main product page will display.
2. From the Add products menu select Import a product list.
3. Download the Sample file.
4. Open the sample file using Excel or Google Sheets or Mac Numbers.
5. Complete the details of all new products to be added in the Sample file.
- name: the name of the product to appear throughout Kitomba
- desc: a description of your product
- barcode_1: the product’s main barcode
- barcode_2: the product's secondary barcode, if applicable
- retail: the retail price of your product without currency symbol eg. 41.50, not $41.50
- cost_excl: the cost price of the product without currency symbol (what your business pays for the product)
- type: either Professional or Retail
- tax_code: usually Standard if tax applies or Zero-rated
- supplier_name: supplier name, e.g. Wella
- supplier_code: the supplier's code for the product shown on supplier invoices
- max: the maximum number of this product you want to have on hand at any one time (for organisations with more than one location this is the maximum amount any branch can hold)
- min: the minimum number of this product you want to have on hand at any one time (for organisations with more than one location this is the minimum amount any branch can hold)
- order_lot: how many items of this product have to be ordered at any one time. Some products come in lots of four for example
- category_1: the top-level category the product belongs to e.g. Hair Care
- category_2, category_3 etc: the lower level category or categories the product belongs to eg. Shampoo
Save the file
3. Before you save or close the .csv file, check that Barcodes are in number format - do this every time.The file name will look similar to this:
Upload the File
1. Select Products from the drop down menu under Products. The main product page will display.
2.Select Import a product list.
3. Browse to the file and click Upload.
4. A message will display to let you know how many products you have successfully uploaded or any errors that need to be corrected before the list can be imported.
5. For organisations with more than one location: once you have uploaded the list of products you will need to set availability by location, see Edit Stock guide.
Note: If you are a new customer to Kitmoba you will need to add your product list at least one day before training.