You can download a list of existing products, edit the list and then import the amended list of products. To do this go to Kitomba 1.
Download a list of existing products
1. Select Products from the drop down menu under Products & Services.
The main products page will display.
2. Use the Filter tool to select the products you want to work with. In the following example I have chosen to filter by Category and have selected the Redken category.
4. Select Apply Filter and all the products that match the filter will be listed and ticked. The filter in the example above has selected 472 products to work with. You can select Edit Filter to refine your selection so that you have fewer products to work with.
5. Select Current Filtered List from the drop down menu under Download.
The downloaded file will have a name like this:
and it will open in .csv format. Open the file using Excel or Google Sheets or Mac Numbers.
The first eleven columns of the sheet will look similar to this:
6. Before you begin, highlight the two Barcode columns and correct the format - do this every time you open the file while it is in .csv format. The barcodes should be in Number format with zero decimal places.
Do not rename, delete or move any of the columns of the sheet you have downloaded - they are formatted very specifically so you can import the list back into your database when you have updated it.
Edit the products in the list
Each line of the sheet represents an individual Product. There will be a minimum of 33 cells in the line to store information about the product, including the name and codes that you can use to identify the product such as the Barcode(s) and Supplier Code. Below I have shown part of a line from the example sheet above with an update to the Product Name.
As well as the Barcode(s) and Supplier Code there are cells for identifying codes used by the Kitomba database on your PC (column 5: internal_code - highlighted below), the Kitomba1 database online (column 31: ID) and a unique KPID (column 32). Do not edit or delete any of the cells with Kitomba codes.
These are the cells that you can update if required:
- Name of product e.g. Kitomba Krazy Mousse 100 mL
- Barcode for the product
- an alternate Barcode - useful if the product is repackaged but otherwise unchanged
- Retail price
- Cost price, GST exclusive (what your business pays for the product)
- format for Retail and Cost price cells is Currency, with no symbol and 2 decimal places
- Whether product is retail or professional
- GST code - If GST applies, select standard
- The supplier of the product e.g. Kitomba Haircare
- The supplier code for the product e.g. Code shown on supplier invoices
- Maximum stock level for this product – this is the maximum number of this product you want to have on hand at any one time (for organisations with more than one location this is the maximum amount any branch can hold)
- Minimum stock level for this product – this is the minimum number of this product you want to have on hand at any one time (for organisations with more than one location this is the minimum amount any branch can hold)
- Order lot – how many items of this product have to be ordered at any one time. Some products come in lots of four for example
- Which category the product belongs in e.g. Styling Products
Save the file.
Save the file somewhere easy to find e.g. your desktop
if using Excel, save as a CSV file (comma-separated values)
if using Google Sheets, select File>Download as>Comma-separated values
if using Mac Numbers, choose File>Export To>CSV
Before you save or close the .csv file, check that Barcodes are in number format - do this every time.
Import the updated list
From the Add products menu select Import a product list.
Browse to the file and click Upload
A message will display to let you know how many products you have successfully uploaded or any errors that need to be corrected before the list can be uploaded.
You cannot change the number of stock on hand by updating a list in K1 - do this with an Adjustment or Stocktake - nor can you delete or Deactivate products by updating a list.
Before you download the list of products that you want to work with, check the Products have a valid Supplier and that Categories are named and arranged as you want them.
Important: if you edit Suppliers or Categories in either K1 or Kitomba on your PC, ensure that the change(s) has taken effect on both systems before you download your list of existing products. To do this, go to Kitomba on your PC and select File>Upload