You can create a products category in either Kitomba or Kitomba1.
Important: if you create or edit Categories in either Kitomba (on your PC) or K1, ensure that the change(s) has taken effect on both systems before you begin editing products. To do this, go to Kitomba and select File>Upload
Create a new category in Kitomba
You may wish to create a new category for reporting sales of a particular group of products. In the example below a new category will be created under Jane Iredale so that sales of Brushes can be reported in the Business Summary.
1. Select the category under which the new category will appear - i.e. Jane Iredale.
2. Go to the Create icons at the top right of the screen and click the icon for Category.
3. A new category card will appear, with Jane Iredale as the Parent Category. Enter the name of the new category and tick the option to Show on Business Summary.
4. Select Save at the bottom right of the screen:
You can now assign products to the new category.
1. Select the yellow Working with Products icon,
2. Search for and select the Product card
3. Select the existing category. A full list of available categories will drop down.
4. Select the new category that you want to assign the product to. Click Save at the bottom right of the screen.
5. Search for the next Product and continue until you are finished.
Create a products category in K1
1. In K1 select Products from the drop down menu under Products & Services.
The main products page will display.
2. Select Categories.
3. Select the category under which the new category will appear - usually "Products" - and then select Create New Category. Enter the name of the new category. In the example below I have created a category called "Brushes & Combs".
4. Close the Categories dialogue box. You can now assign existing products to the new category.
5. Use the Filter tool to select the products you want to work with.
In the following example I have chosen to filter by Name and the filter will display products where the name contains "comb".
6. Select Apply filter. Check the list and un-tick any products that you don't want to assign to the new category.
7. Select Edit and select Category.
The Categories dialogue will open.
8. Select the appropriate category and then click Save. You will return to the main screen
9. Select Clear to turn off the Filter.