If this is your first stock order in Kitomba, you may like to do a stocktake first so that your stock levels are correct in Kitomba before you start ordering more stock.
Check that your Kitomba settings are correct
1. In Kitomba, go to the Admin section. Then go to Preferences and then to Stock.
2. Check that the box next to Show ‘Send to Supplier’ button on Supplier Orders is ticked. You can also check the Enable Back ordering with Suppliers box is ticked to simplify management of backordered items (if required).
Important: If you need to tick the boxes, ensure you click save afterwards.
Create your Stock Order
1. Click on the Cards tab in Kitomba, and then click on the Work with Suppliers button. It looks like a cardboard box.
2. A list of your suppliers will appear. Click on the supplier you wish to create an order for, e.g. L’Oreal
3. Select the Create Order button at the top of the screen
4. The Supplier’s Order box will pop up - select Create order manually button.
This will provide a blank order screen which you can add products to yourself.
Blank Suppliers order.
To add items to your order you can either
click in the Code section in an empty row in the order. Scan the item with your barcode scanner
click in the Description section in an empty row on the order. Type in the first few letters of the name of the product you are looking for. Keep typing until the right product comes up in the selection list and then click on it with your mouse to select it.
Kitomba will show you how many of this stock item it has listed as on hand. In the Qty (quantity) column, add the number of this stock item you want to order.
When you have finished adding items, review your order to check it is correct.
If your supplier is set up to receive orders electronically from Kitomba, Kitomba will send the order to your supplier electronically. If your supplier is not set up to receive orders electronically, Kitomba will give you the option to save your order as a file on your computer, which you can then send to the supplier by email, fax or post.
The order you created will now show beneath the supplier in the Work with Suppliers section