Removing an Invoice from a Client's Records and from Kitomba is something that should be given careful consideration.
When you remove an Invoice, this removes the Invoice number from the sequence. If the business is audited at any time, the auditor may query why the Invoice number is missing.
NOTE: you can use the Security system in Kitomba to prevent staff from deleting Invoices.
If you have made a mistake with an Invoice, there are three options to correct it.
Whichever option you choose, the first step is to search for the Invoice.
Search for a committed Client Invoice
1. Using the Cards Tab (1), Search for the Client (2) and select the Invoice from the Client's history (3)
Option 1: Correct the invoice
Once you have found the Invoice to work with, you can:
- Delete Items by clicking the icon at the left of each line item, and/or
- Edit the Invoice with the required corrections.
You can then simply re-Commit the Invoice to save your changes.
Option 2: Leaves the invoice history with a zero balance and no purchase made.
Once you have found the Invoice to work with, you can Discount the entire Invoice with a 100% discount.
1. Use the Add Discount button at the bottom of the Invoice.
2. Add your Discount details. Remember you will need to add a discount Reason prior to Saving
3. With the Discount applied, you can now:
- Change the Payment made to $0
- Re-Commit the Invoice
- Put a note into the Comments as to why the Invoice is Zero
Option 3: Removes the invoice completely from Kitomba
Once you have found the Invoice to work with, you can Delete the entire Invoice:
This removes the invoice completely and will leave a gap in numbering. This may have accounting issues for you.