No matter where you are in Kitomba, some things will always be visible. These are the drop down file and help menus in the top left-hand corner, the screen tabs and the upload clock (bottom left hand corner).
In Kitomba sometimes a window will pop up e.g. when you create an appointment, you will need to deal with the pop up appointment window before you can click on the main Kitomba window again.
The Calendar Tab is where you'll probably spend most of your time. The tab provides a calendar based view of your Clients appointments. You can view the Calendar by Day (for all Staff) or Week (for a Single Staff member) and you can switch views at any time. Creating an appointment is easy: find the timeslot you need and double click to get the process going. You can even choose to create a new Client card along the way.
- The Cards tab is where you manage all of your Salon data - Clients, Suppliers, Products and Services. Here you can:
View all previous and planned appointments for every Client
- Update Client records
- Search by Client, Supplier, Product, Service as required
- Group Products into Categories
- Update Product and Service Pricing
- Update Product barcodes
Make Sale Tab
Retail only Sales. Queued and ready to go for a Casual Customer (random walk-in) sale - or, use the Client search in the top left to set the Invoice up for an existing Client sale
Monitor your outgoing and incoming messages. Use Compose Message to find and SMS/Email any Client.
Choose from 60+ reports to gain amazing and powerful insights into your Business and Staff performance.
The Help Tab gives you access to:
- the Kitomba/K1 Knowledge Base (think online software manual designed for visual people)
- Kitomba University (register for free monthly webinars and watch past webinars at your leisure)
- Kitomba Community (our feature request notice board)
- our legendary Help Desk for fast, friendly support via a 1800/0800 line
- Support tools such as Teamviewer
The Admin Tab allows you to tailor Kitomba to suit your Business. You can setup and record:
- your default Preferences, customising how you run Kitomba
- your Kitomba Loyalty setup
- Promotional and automated Marketing Campaigns you are running
- Create and manage Staff
- Create and manage Rooms and Equipment
- Staff Leave
- Business Leave (Public Holidays etc)
- Staff Seniority and Commissions
- Staff Capabilities
- Kitomba Security setup
- Additional information you wish to capture about your Clients
At the bottom of the screen you will see the Upload clock message
The upload Clock indicates how long you have until you need to upload your messages.
If the upload clock reads: temporarily unable to connect to the message gateway please connect to the internet immediately as you have overdue messages.
Glancing down at the upload clock from time to time is a good habit to get into to.