Sending messages to your customers can make a big difference to having your customers feel special to increasing your client retention. To send messages you need to have some templates created. You will see in the admin tab under message templates that there are some default ones already available to you.
To create your own template complete the following steps.
1. Give your template a name.
You can set this template up for either short form or long form or both.
2. Enter in the first words of the message and select the parameter required from the drop down list this will enter the parameter in the message block after the last text entered.
In this example we are going with Hi and then the customers first name. (eg. Hi #CUST_FIRST#, = Hi Jane).
You can then add additional wording and select parameters from the list as required.
These are the default parameters available.
Note: When you select the parameter it will appear in your message after the last text entered.
3. If you have created additional customer attributes in the Admin tab these will also be available from the Insert parameters list if the Use this attribute as a template Parameter check box has been checked.
The attribute is now available to be used in message templates parameters as required.
Once you have the wording and parameters entered, select where you want to use the template.
4. Use the Save button on the bottom right to save the template.
Note: To edit an existing message template simply select the message you'd like to edit, make your changes and click save. If updating an appointment message template that is currently in use, it may take a few minutes for your existing messages to update to the new content.
Notes for Text Message Templates
1. Text messages have a limit of 160 characters
2. It’s a New Zealand Telecommunications industry requirement to inform message recipients that charges will apply when they reply to these messages. Please note, these charges are collected by the messaging service provider and not by Kitomba.