Currently this feature is available to a limited number of Kitomba customers only.
Before you get started with Time Clock and Time Sheets there are a few things you need to do, so we suggest working through the checklist below.
Steps to getting started
1. You need to be on the Kitomba Diamond package.
2. Make sure that the appropriate security is set up:
- Staff members responsible for setting up your Time Clock on your nominated device have advanced Kitomba 1 access or higher.
- Staff members responsible for approving Time Sheets have advanced access to Kitomba 1 or higher.
- Staff who will need to clock in and out of Time Clock and check their own Time Sheets have a Kitomba code or a Kitomba 1 pin.
- Staff members responsible for payroll have admin access to Kitomba 1.
3. Make sure that the following are in place:
- Timetables are setup in Kitomba for all staff.
- A central list of Custom Time and Leave Reasons is set up in Kitomba 1.
- Your Leave and Custom Time Reasons are correctly set to paid or unpaid and to either show or hide from Time Sheets.
- Any Custom Time Reasons and/or Leave Time, that you wish to include on your staff Time Sheets, use a Central Reason and not a local version of that reason.
Note: Only Central Reasons can be set to show on Time Sheets. This can be managed in Kitomba and Kitomba 1. You can still have and use local reasons, however, these will not show on your timesheets.
4. To transition to a single Centralised Reasons list:
- review the Reasons being used in each of your local Kitombas, identify any common reasons;
- decide on a central list that you want all of your sites to use going forward;
- create this central list in Kitomba 1 - be mindful of your naming as this is what the system uses to link local reasons to your central reasons;
- send us a chat message once you’ve created your central list, asking us to check for any local reasons that haven’t linked;
Once we have provided you with a list of unmatched local reasons, you need to:
- update these to use a central reason;
- remove any local reasons from the Kitomba > Admin > Reasons list that you don’t want staff to use.
Note: You may need to do the above in multiple local Kitombas.