When you have added all the cash and Eftpos receipts you then need to complete the cash drawer reconciliation.
If these receipts and the money do not reconcile with the totals in Kitomba you can investigate this using some of the other reports.
The reports to use are:
- Cash drawer transaction summary
- Cash drawer takings
- Sales daily sheets
- Petty cash
Cash drawer Transaction summary - will give you a list of transactions that make up the totals in the cash drawer reconciliation you can compare your receipts to these transactions to find where / why your cash drawer doesn’t balance
Cash Drawer Takings - will help you to understand your cashflow. This report shows your cash takings in any date range and reconciles payments to sales, making it easier for you to track the differences. But the most important thing about this report is it gives you your true Cash Position, taking into account vouchers and other non cash payment types. This report tells you exactly where you stand.
Cash Drawer Takings - Week
This report is the same as the Cash Drawer takings report however it gives you a daily breakdown over a week long period.
Sales Daily sheets - shows details of all sales made by a staff person for the defined period. If 'Credit Service to' is set to Designated sales person, Kitomba will credit all services (except those performed by commission staff) to the designated sales person set on the invoice. Commission staff can be set up in the Admin Tab.
Petty cash - Displays a list of Petty cash transactions for the time period your enter.
Check the reports
To check why you do not reconcile compare these reports with the Appointments on the Calendar and with your Eft/POS receipts.
The main things to check for are:
- Is Kitomba's total higher or lower than actual? (This affects what you'll be looking for.)
- Did you balance the Cash Rec the previous day?
- Was the float carried over from the previous day the usual amount?
- Are all the day's appointments invoiced?
- Consider whether there might be a sale, deposit or refund that has not been processed through Kitomba OR has been processed twice by mistake (especially product sales?)
- What about Petty Cash? Did anyone use this but not enter in the details?
- Check that all your invoices and other transactions have the correct date e.g. if you did a refund on the day you're trying to balance then the credit note should have the same date.
Tips to help prevent your cash-drawer not balancing:
- Write the customers name on eftpos receipts so that you can easily match up to the transaction summary report
- If you have a receipt printer keep a copy of every receipt even cash sales so that you can easily match these to your transaction summary
Please sign in to leave a comment.