When you take petty cash money from the till you need to record how much, what it is used for and who took the money out.
If this is not done your cash will not reconcile at the end of the day.
1. Go to the Cards tab.
2. Click on the Petty Cash icon.
An example of your screen below:
3. On this screen you need to complete:
- the amount of Money taken from till
- the amount of Money returned to till
- Kitomba will automatically work out Total petty cash used.
- The Date of the transaction
- Staff Person taking the money
- Reason for taking out Petty Cash. (You can create new petty cash reasons using the Admin tab)
4. Click Commit to save the Petty Cash transaction.