When a stock level is not as expected the Stock item trace report is a great tool for looking at transactions that have affected that item. This report will clarify how your stock level is calculated.
Create a Stock item trace report
1. In Kitomba go to the Reports tab and select the Stock item trace report.
2. Enter your stock Code and the date range required into the pop-up box and select Execute.
3. Below is an example of a Stock item trace report.
In this example the salon: the salon wants to see why they only have 2 of this item. Looking at the 'stock movement' column, we can see that for this item, they:
- received 2 items on the 16/04/19 from the supplier.
- sold 1 item on the 26/04/19 and another on the 1/05/19.
- purchased 2 more items on the 9/05/19.
- checked out 1 item for internal use on the 28/05/19,
- purchased 1 more item from the supplier on the 13/06/19
- checked out 1 item for internal use on the 29/06/19.
ending up with 2 on hand.