To customise your appointment reminders settings:
1. To access the Appointment Reminders Settings:
- Go to the Kitomba 1 dashboard and click on the Settings button.
- From the Setting page, select the Appt reminders option on the left-hand side.
2. Once you're on the appointment reminders settings page, note that the reminder feature is Enabled by default. (To stop the reminder, click on the Disable button, this will automatically remove any existing scheduled appointment reminders from sending.)
3. Scroll down to the Messaging timing section:
- Most businesses that use Kitomba send an appointment reminder one or two days before the appointment. For this example let’s select 1 day before appointment for Day to send section.
- Then, set the Time to send at 11:00 AM.
- If an appointment is booked for the same day, and you still want a reminder to be sent to the client, select Yes for the Add a reminder if the time to send has passed option. This way, the reminder for the same day appointment will be sent immediately after it is booked.
4. To edit the Email Content:
- Enter your preferred subject line into the Email subject line, for this example we use 'Your appointment reminder for Kim's Salon'
- Personalise your Email content by inserting parameters such as the Client's first name and Appointment date and time.
5. To edit the Text message content:
- Similar to the email content, personalise your text message by inserting the parameters.
- Remember to add your Business name so your clients know who the message is from.
- Keep in mind that text messages have a limit of 160 characters.
6. Choose your preferred method for sending reminders. In this example:
- Select Text message.
- Alternatively, set the option of Use client's preferred contact method to Yes.This will override the business's preferred method that we have set up earlier.
7. Select Yes for the Add iCalendar information to confirmation email section, if you want to allow clients to add appointments to their calendars.
8. Toggle Auto confirmation by clicking the Yes button.
- If enabled, include instructions in your text message content asking your clients to reply 'Y,' 'Yes,' or 'Confirm' for Auto confirmation, so that their appointment is automatically confirmed by Kitomba.
9. Toggle Auto cancellation by clicking the Yes button.
- If enabled, include instructions in your text message content asking your clients to reply 'N,' 'No,' or 'Cancel' for Auto cancellation, so that their appointment is automatically confirmed by Kitomba.
10. Once you have set everything up, click on the "Save" button to save your appointment reminder settings.
That's an overview of how to manage your appointment reminder settings in Kitomba 1. View our support guides to learn more or get in touch with us.