In order for Kitomba to work Correctly the time and timezone on your computer need to be correct. If they are incorrect then appointment reminders can be sent at the wrong time.
To set your time and timezone correctly follow these instructions
Setting the date and time in Windows
1. In the lower right-hand corner of the screen, click the time and date and a pop up with clock and calendar will appear.
2. Select “Change date and time settings…” in the Date and Time window
3. Click the “Change date and time” button
4. You can select on the calendar or from the time field.
5. Make your adjustments and click OK at the bottom of the window to save your changes.
Adjusting the Time Zone
1. In the Date and Time window from above, under the Date and Time tab, click the “Change time zone…” button.
2. Select the new time zone in the Time zone drop-down field and click OK.
3. Click OK on the main Date and Time window to save the time zone change.
Set the Language relative to the Country
Since Windows 10, some of the date and time formatting is set relative or to match the Language, if this is United States, then all dates will be this format. For completeness go into the Additional date and Time, & regional settings option from windows change date and time settings and select Language.
Ensure that the local country is selected
Setting the date and time on the Apple operating system
1. Open the Apple Menu and select System preferences
2. Click Date & Time, and then click Date & Time again.
3. Set the date and time.
Adjusting the Timezone
- From the Date & Time window, select the Time Zone tab. Click the map to set your timezone or use the automatic time zone option.
Setting the date and time in Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, NT 4, 2000, and XP
1. Right-click on the time located in bottom right-hand of your screen.
Click the Adjust Date/Time menu item.
2. This opens the Date/Time Properties window. In this window, you can adjust the time, date, and time zone.
3. Once the proper date and time have been set, click Apply, and then Ok.
Setting the date and time on iPad
1. Select settings in your main menu.
2. Click the “General” menu item, then scroll and find “Date & Time”.
3. This opens the Date/Time properties window. In this window, you can adjust the time format, date and timezone.
4. To adjust the date and time, unset “Set Automatically”. To edit, click the date or time and choose the new date or time you wish to enter.
5. Finally, we can set the timezone by clicking “Timezone” and searching for your appropriate city and country.