You can apply a discount to a Client Invoice either:
- Manually or
- by using a preset discount.
This article is all about creating Preset Discounts
1. To set up a preset discount or promotion go to the Admin tab in Kitomba
2. Select Promotions and discounts on the left hand side
3. Click Create Discount at the top right hand corner of the screen
4. A new discount row will appear.
5. Choose the Type of discount you would like to make:
- percentage discount (e.g. 15%), or
- dollar amount (e.g. $30)
6. Enter a Name for the discount by typing over the text that says New Discount Type
7. Enter the Value of the percentage or dollar discount.
NOTE: you do not need to type % or $ in your Value - Kitomba will add this automatically based on the type of discount you selected.
8. If the discount may only be applied for a certain period of time (e.g term time, Christmas holidays, promo period) enter Starts and Expires dates
9. Choose whether the discount Applies To
- All - Services and Retail, or
- Retail Only, or
- Services Only
10. If you allow changes to the discount value at time of sale, tick the box that says Allow Value Change
11. Click Save at the bottom right of the screen.
To use these preset discounts at the time of invoicing
To use these presets in your Invoices you need to ensure Advanced Discounting is activated.
- Click the Admin tab,
- Select Preferences on the left
- Select the Invoicing tab on the right
- Make sure the Turn on advanced discounting checkbox (highlighted below) is ticked
- click Save
TIP: Use the Promotions and discounts report to check what discounts have been applied and by whom.