Approve a Time Sheet
- Access a Time sheet
- Approve a Time sheet
- Quick Approve
- Additional details - What the status icons mean
Time Sheets provides a way to access and approve each staff member’s daily hours and leave, so you have an accurate record ready for payroll.
Access a Time Sheet
1. Log in to Kitomba 1 and select Time Sheets from the Manage menu in the top navigation bar.
2. Select a Staff name to display their weekly time sheet summary.
3. Select the required date to see more detail.
Approve a Time Sheet
Note: The details for each numbered item are listed below the image:
1. Working hours - Check that their Working hours (and if applicable, their paid custom time and leave time) are correct,
2. Override timetable - use the Override timetable button to edit timetabled working hours in Kitomba 1. View this guide to find out more.
Note: The information in the Approve hours section comes from their timetable in Kitomba.
3. Add note - use the Add a note button to enter any manager comments.
4. Unpaid break time - Use the break options; Standard break, No break and Adjust break to change the unpaid break time as required.
5. Approve hours- Once you are satisfied the time sheet is correct select Approve.
6. Move across the week - You need to individually approve every day in the time range selected. A quick way to do this is to use the arrows on either side of the date to move between days, across the week.
Note: The approved hours show on the Kitomba 1 Approved Time Sheet and Payroll reports.
When a staff member has non-working days in a pay week a black icon will show against that day. To bulk approve these non-working days select the Quick approve button at the bottom of the staff Time Sheet.
Note: You can only bulk approve non-working days.
Additional details - What the Status icons mean
The Working hours column displays icons to indicate the status of the Time Sheets.
- A green calendar icon with a tick shows next to approved time sheets.
- A red calendar icon with a cross shows all unapproved days.
- An empty grey calendar icon shows for all non-working days (any days the staff member isn’t timetabled to work, and hasn’t clocked in or out).
- Days that are in the future will not show a calendar icon.
Note: If leave or paid custom time is scheduled this will show beside that day’s Working hours.